FHP Membership Privileges, Policies & Responsibilities
You are a member of FHP throughout your first year of enrollment. To advance to the University Honors Program (UHP), you will need to meet the membership criteria and process for joining UHP.
Pass/Not Pass Policy for Honors Students
Courses taken to fulfill Honors requirements may not be taken Pass/Not Pass. (Note: Pass/Not Pass is not the same as Satisfactory/Fail; you can read about it here.
Privileges of Membership
- 24-hour Access to Jischke Honors Building: Your ISU Card is coded to give you have access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Priority Registration: As a member of FHP, you will be able to register for your spring semester classes on the first day of sophomore registration. If the number of credits you have earned places you in a higher classification, your registration time will correspond to that classification. In other words, if your credits as an FHP student earn you junior status, you will be assigned a registration time during the period of junior registration.
- Higher Credit Limit: Honors Members can register for up to 21 credits per semester without receiving special permission.
- Jischke Computer Lab & Printing Credit: You have 24-hour access to the Jischke computer lab and additional printing credits.
- The Honors Community Involvement and Leadership
- Membership in Honors Student Board (HSB)
- Eligibility for Honors Housing