Your Gift in Action
Private financial support is crucial to advancing the mission of the Iowa State Honors Program and benefits the program’s students, faculty and staff. Donors have the option of making a gift to one of several Honors designated funds.
Honors Program Fund
Gifts support general programming, academic initiatives, undergraduate research, and student engagement, including:
- Honors Student Board programming and initiatives
- Grants for research or creative activity undertaken as part an honors project
- Grants for first-year mentored research projects as well as the continuation of those projects
- Outstanding student awards and scholarships
- Student professional development
- Out-of-classroom, experiential learning opportunities for students (e.g., attending a performance at Stephens Auditorium or traveling to the Amana Colonies)
Honors Student Enrichment Endowment
Gifts support high-impact experiences, such as travel to present research or creative activity at an academic or professional conference, or fees for publication.
Dr. Robert Melampy Honors Fund
Gifts support undergraduate research initiatives and student research grants. Priority is given to students doing work in animal science and related fields in agriculture and the life sciences.
For more information about giving to Honors, including gift options, policies, and long-term planning, please visit the Iowa State University Foundation website or contact Foundation staff directly:
Toll Free: 1.866.419.6768